I use a Donvier Ice Cream Maker and I always keep the drum in the freezer.
- 5 big lemons
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1/3 tsp ground lavender flowers
- 3 cups of water
- Wash the lemons and cut a 1/3 from the top and the bottom tip to make it stand. Using a lemon rimmer, carefully extract the juice to collect 3/4 cups of lemon juice. Clean the inside of each lemon and freeze them to be used as cups
- Boil the water and sugar and lavender until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir.
- Cool and put in the refrigerator until ice cold.
- Take the frozen drum from the freezer and assemble the ice cream maker.
- Using a sieve lined with a piece of cheese cloth, strain the lemon juice mixture on the drum.
- Crank-up following the ice cream maker instruction.
- Serve on the frozen lemon cups.
Alternative procedure without using an ice cream maker.
- Pour the lemon mixture in a pan and put in the freeze.
- Every half hour, take the pan out of the freezer , mix the ice formation and put back to the freezer until the entire mixture becomes fine ice. Transfer to a plastic container to store in the freezer.