Fresh Mozzarella with Nasturtium and Tomato Salad
Start with fresh nasturtium and heirloom tomatoes. I am so lucky that my husband enjoys gardening as much as I do. The pictures were taken from our Palisades home organic garden. We are still in the process of populating our little (compared to our NY garden) Florida garden and I hope to grow wonderful plants as well.
- Nasturtium seeds: http://www.reneesgarden.com/
- Heirloom tomato seeds: http://www.amishlandseeds.com/
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella: http://www.dipaloselects.com/ — DiPalo has been our favorite Italian food pantry since the 80’s when it was just a small corner store in the Little Italy section of Manhattan. This is one of the places we miss and I am so glad that they now have an online site.
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Nasturtium flowers and leaves
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar. A good aged Italian balsamic vinegar can set you back a fortune. So I just get a decent balsamic vinegar (Costco kind is good) and I reduce it to about a third or until it becomes syrupy. Store it in a bottle.
- Sea salt
- You may also add fresh basil leaves