This is my play dough. It’s a basic dough recipe which I use to make bread of various flavors, shapes or form. I bake it plain, or I add herbs like rosemary, lavender or nuts and dried fruits, even chocolate. I shape it in baguette, big rounds, small rounds, bake in a loaf pan or a bundt pan and if I am feeling lazy, I just let it rise and bake on the bread maker all the way through.
Basic dough ingredients:
- 1 3/4 water
- 6 T olive oil or 6 T butter
- 3 C bread flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour, regular or white
- 3 T sugar
- 3 T powder milk
- 1 t sea salt
- 3 t instant yeast
Load the ingredients in the bread maker as listed set to dough.
- To make rosemary bread, add 3 T chopped fresh rosemary, when prompted
- To make nuts and fruits, add 1 cup nuts and dried fruits like dried cranberry, dried cherry or dried blueberry.
- To make chocolate, add 3/4 C chocolate chips plus 2 T instant espresso coffee
- Possibilities are endless, limited only by ones imagination.
When the dough cycle is complete, begin shaping.
Pre-heated oven to 375 degree .
- If making a single piece, bake for 30-40 minutes.
- If making small rolls, bake for 15 minutes.